SCIENCES PO LAUNCHES THE SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT AND INNOVATION
Today, business is under increasing scrutiny with regard to its social responsibilities.
By contributing to economic growth, companies play a significant social and political role in addition to their economic one, with an impact at the local, national and transnational levels. They are now expected to reconcile the interests of their shareholders with those of many other stakeholders, while addressing issues of the common good.
At the same time, the digital revolution has given rise to new business models. A new economy is emerging with an increasing focus on the needs and practices of citizens and consumers. In this new business ecosystem, innovation, creativity and entrepreneurship are crucial.
In this context, the School's mission is to train business professionals who are able to use their creativity and entrepreneurial vision to transform companies and rethink the role of business in society, with a view to the common good
Programmes catering to diverse backgrounds and needs
The School offers standard two-year Master's programmes, dual Master’s programmes and one-year Master’s programmes designed for young professionals. Students will eventually be able to take the whole curriculum in English.
Two-year Master's programmes
- Finance and Strategy
- Economics and Business
- Organisations and Human Resource Management
One-year Master's programmes for young professionals
- Master in Finance Regulation and Risk Management
- Master in Corporate Strategy
- Master in Private Banking and Wealth Management
Dual Master’s degree programmes with leading universities around the world
- University of St. Gallen (Switzerland)
- University of Pennsylvania (United States)
- Fundação Getulio Varga-Escola de Administração de Empresas (Brazil)
- Fudan University (China)
A wide range of career prospects
Each year, 73 percent of Sciences Po graduates go into the private sector.
The School of Management and Innovation will equip students to pursue a wide range of positions in various different sectors. As well as covering all the fields already served by our existing offering, the education delivered at the School of Management and Innovation will facilitate the placement of graduates in new areas such as the creative economy, the digital sector, entrepreneurship, new business models, responsible investment, risk management and governance, and social and environmental reporting.
An educational approach based on five pillars
All students of the Sciences Po School of Management and Innovation will share a solid core curriculum in the humanities and social sciences, while in parallel taking the specialised and professionally-focused courses corresponding to their Master's programme.
A core curriculum in the social sciences. The humanities and social sciences are essential for understanding complexity and developing the analytical and critical capacities that future change managers require. These courses will be common to the different Master's programmes and constructed in a transdisciplinary manner.
General management training. This will equip students with the basic knowledge and skills needed by future business leaders. A core curriculum covering the major business disciplines—accounting and finance, strategy, human resource management, communication and digital skills, and marketing—will be shared by all the School's Master's programmes.
An introduction to the digital humanities. By including the digital humanities in our educational approach, we aim to give students the means to challenge established digital uses. The digital humanities open up new teaching perspectives: cognitive science, cultural studies, digital sciences, game theory, digital culture, design thinking, data science, user experience design, behavioural psychology, etc. They are changing approaches to current disciplines and help to understand the current disruptions occurring in society.
Professionally-focused courses specific to each Master's programme. The curriculum includes a strong "technical" component to develop core professional skills and prepare students for the labour market.
A culture of entrepreneurship and innovation. Throughout the entire period of study, business creation and simulation exercises will be encouraged through special experiences in order to promote an entrepreneurial spirit. The School will take advantage of the Sciences Po Entrepreneurship Centre for setting up these experiences and opportunities.
- 03.02.2017The Career services launch a series of 4 workshops on « Building a Career Plan »based on the Strong & Campbell testOrganizing your research, introducing yourself efficiently to a recruiter, choosing your first internship/job… all not easy tasks when you haven’t clearly defined your objectives and your career plan. The Career Services offers 4 workshops on « Building a Career Plan » during the months of February, March and April,
- 18.10.2016Nos étudiantes ont du talent !Créé au sein de l’association Women Work Sciences Po, Sciences Po Women In Business est un club inter-masters visant à promouvoir l’insertion et le développement professionnel des étudiantes de Sciences Po à travers l’accroissement des liens entre ancien(ne)s et actuel(le)s étudiant(e)s de Sciences Po. En 2016, l’association inter-masters Women in Business à Sciences Po a créé un nouveau programme d’externship dans le but de promouvoir l’insertion et le développement professionnel des étudiantes de Sciences Po.
- 27.09.2016Les profils Sciences Po nous intéressent pour leur pluridisciplinarité, diversité, ouverture d’esprit et adaptabilitéLena Silberberger est responsable RH et des relations écoles au sein de CMA-CGM et participera pour la 3ème fois au Forum Sciences Po entreprises vendredi 30 septembre. Elle explique pourquoi CMA/CGM s'intéresse aux profils de Sciences Po et sur quelles fonctions ils sont recrutés...